Google Search

Google

Sunday, June 03, 2007

New twist to this blog. My fave "quotes", articles from various...

From various Car related publications,Brochures , journals, newspapers... From this blog onwards, I'm going to post my favourite "Punch lines" which includes, 1) Quotes, 2) Opening, 3)Body, 4) Impactful Conclusion/Verdict/Closing...


I'll also study how other journalists start their articles (those who stand out), I'll post it here... Don't worry, I'll acknowledge the work of respective writers and/or the source of the articles. This is also for the benefits of "AMATEUR Car writer/journalists" or those INTERESTED to write about cars LIKE ME. It's an eye opening to see GREAT "write-ups" and learn from it or be inspired...

Why sudden change in my Blogging topics/patterns? Because It's Getting more and more difficult to Find Used car specifications. I mean what is the point of writing a Used car review without their specifications? It's JUST NOT COMPLETE. MOST Malaysian car publications can accept it (Especially CARS.MY, which I think is very unethical comparing 2-3 cars WITHOUT their SPECIFICATIONS side by side) BUT NOT ME... I'd STILL REVIEW Used cars, but this time UPON Requests only, so SEND ME your REQUESTS, I MIGHT REVIEW it if I have its specifications.

Here's the 1st one: Check this out... IMPACTFUL Opening taken from "SUNDAY STAR - STARMOTORING 3 June 2007.page MO11. Author Either George Wong OR Hong Boon How...

"HAVING rolled through 66ookm of tarmac, the DUNLOP four have truly been scrubbed in.

It's 9.30 on a stormy April night. The downpour has petered out to a drizzle. The highway was wet and shiny as buffed pewterware. As the driver ramped up speed to take the corner at the Rawang Interchange, the rubbers were busy dispersing water away from themselves and the road.

Nary a screech nor howl was heard as the tyres gripped strongly and executed another routine manoeuvre without mishap. It's ALL IN A DAY's work for the Dunlop Formula D01 as it delivers on its promise of competent wet handling without giving the driver
a dreadful dose of aquaplanning fright."


YES, NO PRIZE Guessing. This is an impactful opening (1st 3 paragraph actually) for a TYRE REVIEW (Dunlop Formula D01). This literally knocked me off my chair... I was so inspired that I decided to post it here to share it to you guys/gals out there... ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment