Google Search

Google

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Hijacking this blog. NEW JOB Selling...

New Job selling Skoda cars and Mercedes Benz Vans (Vito, Sprinter) from 9/7/07 onwards. Well, I managed to survived 1 week. How do I feel? What's my routine? Here's some journal over the past 6 days...

Monday (9/7/07): Just introduction to the job, colleagues, briefings on the Code of conduct etc... and familiarize with the cars. Nothing much to do, left the showroom @ 2.30pm.

Tuesday (10/7/07): FULL DAY PRODUCT TRAINING. 9.30am till 6pm. Morning session conducted by Datuk Amir himself (Managing Director of Quasar Carriage), then product Test drive session. I test driven 1) Skoda Octavia 2.0FSI, 2) Mercedes Vito MPV (More on the test drive experience later). Our flagship, Skoda Superb's Not available for test drive. Then, it's Lunch break.

After lunch, there product training on Skoda cars conducted by Sales Manager Mr. Lawrence, followed by Mercedes Vito and Sprinter product training by our Senior Manager.

Wed (11/7/07). Nothing much to do. Morning meeting. Each of us were assigned with a partner. Did some roleplay and product familiarisation. Got to know more about my colleagues, chatting with them. Left @ 4pm.

Thurs (12/7/07): AM: Technical Training about Octavia FSI by Mr.Yap, chief foreman. Lunch with one of my Colleague. Otherwise, nothing significant to highlight.

Fri (13/7/07): Duty roster came out. I was on duty 3 times in the month of July with my partner, Ghazali. On duty means I have to stay at the showroom from 10am to 7pm. Otherwise, I just have to punch card @ 9am then I will be free to do whatever I want. Though the main idea is to enable to find Prospective customers. Lunch @ 6 to 10 grill and Nasi Lemak with 2 other colleagues. Had Fish and Chips + Drink = RM12.00 poorer.

Sat 14/7/07: WHOLE DAY Skoda ROADSHOW @ Berjaya Times Square 10am till 6pm. Was mentally sabotaged @ 11am, 1st guy approached me. That idiot kept on Saying how good Accord is VS Skoda WITHOUT CHECKING out the OCTAVIA (He just hesitated). He refused to accept that Octavia = (similar to) VW Jetta. He TAUGHT SKODA IS FROM RUSSIA. I wanted to say to him (So dumb, Skoda also dunno where from). But I refrained.

Lunch tapau from McD (5th floor), Approached a Korean, showed him the car, forgotten that you need to remove the rod before closing the bonnet as I taught it's like Skoda Superb. "Krak", the base of the rod which is plastic plated broke. Kena lectured by Kelvin, Quasar Carriage KL, Sales Manager. After that, very Jittery, Tense up, got some inferior complex against certain kind of people. MOST PEOPLE REFUSED to EVEN take the Brochure let alone looking at it. Few of them said "Skoda Ar! Sucks!" No thanks. One of them said "Spare parts hard to get and maintenance AND expensive". CONCLUSION: Most Malaysian have bad Perception on Skoda brands.

Around 4pm, I approached a 16 yrs old Boy. He's very reserved, Showed him the Fabia, he's quite keen. Said "will talk to dad and get back to you". After that, my confidence reached to a new high. At about 5pm, my colleague "BO FENG" approached Small tour bus driver, talked to them and response quite positive. So I get his idea and approached a Mercedes MB140 Bas Persiaran and briefed the driver the new Mercedes Sprinter (thank God I brought 3 copies). Response, Very KEEN. Left the place @ 6pm sharp, took Monorail => KL Sentral => Putra LRT back to Taman Jaya where Dad fetched me home.

THis roadshow was Very tiring, gotta stand WHOLE DAY. Thank goodness we were sheltered from the Rain.

Sunday 15/7/07: Day 2 of the roadshow but I choose not to go. Went to Church Instead. Came back from Church straight went to sleep. Woke up, dinner, then typing this.

CONCLUSION: Eye opening Job, learned a LOT from ALL of the Colleagues, 10 of them in Sales Division including me (ALL but 1 of them were friendly), product training, my Manager (Mr. Lawrence). Looking forward for SALES, SALES and MORE SALES Especially on Mercedes Vans. Will put little hope on Skoda judging by the Poor Brand Perception among Kiasu Malaysians.

Oh! From next thread onwards, I will hijack this purportedly "USED CAR REVIEW Blog". I will instead post AT LEAST 5 blogs on SKODAs and Vitos, Few on Skoda Owner's review as well as some of my Experience as a Salesperson.

No comments:

Post a Comment