Google Search

Google

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

LONGTERMER 1: Update 10: Ford Telstar 2.0 Ghia

LONGTERMER 1: Update 10: 1998/99 Ford Telstar 2.0i4 Ghia

In this blog entry, I am updating my Ford Telstar i4 Ghia. This is the 10th update. What's up in the month of April?

Not much to highlight in the first week of April. Let's proceed to the 2nd week, after a fill up at the Petrol Station, my Telstar Can't get out of "P" gear. Earlier already "Difficult to shift to "P" gear, but that time, it's so bad that I need to call a Tow Truck to tow the car to workshop.
At the Workshop, I was quoted RM80 to fix the gear wiring.

4 days ago (Friday), my Telstar's temperature went up again, beside this problem, the Auto transmission "Overdrive" button not working. Total repair bill today: RM180.

As I typed this, I'm glad to say that the car just reached another fuel consumption record, 9km/L early this month. Without further ado, let's proceed to Logbook:

LOGBOOK:

Year of manufactured: December 1998 (registered January 1999)
Purchase price: RM42,000 (Aug 2005)
Current value: RM16,000 (As at January 2009)
Depreciation per year (averaged): RM6,500
Mileage last month: 142,465km

Mileage now: 143,110km

Fuel consumption (so far):
BEST: 9km/l (8 April 2009) = 90% Highway
WORST: 5.9km/l (27 April 2008) = 90% city

TODAY, As at 28 April,

Expenses (this month)
1) Petrol and toll charges.
2) RM80 to fix the Auto transmission (stuck in "P" gear)

3) RM180 to fix the Radiator (flush and wash) AND Auto transmission (cannot engage "Overdrive" switch this time.

Before I go: here’s a parting shot:


End of Update, thanks for having the patience to read it...

AN ORIGINAL JEFF LIM PRODUCTION (My original work)

No comments:

Post a Comment