Google Search

Google

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Longtermer #1, Update 16: Ford Telstar Ghia i4 16v

Longtermer #1, Update 16: Ford Telstar Ghia i4 16v


In this blog entry, I am updating my Ford Telstar i4 Ghia. This is the 16th update.


What's up in the month of October?

Well, lots of things to highlight. Firstly, the FUEL CONSUMPTION(FC)'s REALLY back to normal. Averaged 6.8km/L. The worst was recorded in 7 October => 5.6km/L (BHP),

while the best was 7.9km/L joint honours between MOBIL 5000 RON95 and Shell RON95 FUELSAVE. Petronas RON95 is in the middle at 6.8km/L. Haven't try Caltax yet.

Other than that, remember the "leaking thingy" I mentioned last month, well, I was relieved that the gearbox and driveshaft still working despite leaking (hairline cracked). Let's hope it lasts till 1st week of November where I have the dough to fix it...

Also, This Telstar unleashed the Kiasu in me... I taught few Vios (3x - 2 of them are AH BENG Vios with Goalpost spoiler, bodykits and LARGE Exhaust), MyVi 1.3 and a Camry 2.4 (Previous Gen) some lesson. Dare to flash me (Camry)? Dare to overtook from Left and ZIGZAGGING (All Vios(es) and Myvis)? I SMOKED THEM... Happy to said that I managed to KEEP up with Mercedes S320L (Previous Gen) who tailgated and flashed me... I let him pass and followed his tail for good 10kms in NKVE before I turned into Subang Interchange and the S320L driver going straight to Klang.

Well, as usual there’s always the bad news. My front 2 tyres "BOTAK" already (see 2 pictures below, 1st one below shows the front left tyre while the 2nd one shows the front right tyre).



Above: Front right tyre...

As a result, I had two times aquaplaned. Once U-turn to Sprint Highway (before Shell 17/21), the car just went straight, I just lift off the accelerator and managed to regain steering control.

Second time, on the way back from Jalan Ipoh to Jalan Duta. Was travelling 100km/h on wet roads (drizzling that time), going down the flyover, suddenly saw traffic ahead. Hard braked, the Telstar swayed to the left and right (slightly), before I regained my steering control (again lifting off the accelerator). Thank God the Hyundai Matrix in third lane and another Telstar behind me noticed my car swaying left to right and slowed down... If not...

As I am typing this, the Telstar only done 148,048km. Previous month, it's 147,222km. It covers >1000km per month. WOW, fascinating... Why?
As I am using my dad's Civic FD2 2.0iVTEC more often... Especially when my dad's overseas.


Without further ado, here's the LOGBOOK:

Year of manufactured: December 1998 (registered January 1999)
Purchase price: RM42,000 (Aug 2005)
Current value: RM13,000 (As at August 2009)
Depreciation per year (averaged): RM10500
Mileage last month: 147,222km (26 September 2009)

Mileage now: 148,048km (29 October 2009)
Fuel consumption (so far):
BEST: 10km/l (25 August 2009)
WORST: 5.6km/l (October 7, 2009) => 100% City driving

THIS MONTH (October):
WORST: 5.6km/l (October 7, 100% City driving) (BHP)
AVERAGE: 6.8km/L (mixed)
BESI: 24 October 7.9km/l (Shell improved)

0-100km/h: 10.4 secs (27/9/2009). Previous run 10.8 secs (25 Aug 2009).

TODAY, As at 30th October,

Expenses (this month)

1) Fuel expenses (RM200)
2) Parking and tolls charges...


Before I go, a picture's worth 1000 words. Here's some pictures...


Check out the LARGE Boot... 1 month's grocery without needing to Split/fold the rear seatbacks...


My Telstar, as seen from my house compound...


Here's a parting shot above. LONELY... My Telstar is LONELY... As everyone went back home... Holy Matrimony wedding Over...

End of Update, thanks for having the patience to read it... See you next month on End-November.

AN ORIGINAL JEFF LIM PRODUCTION (My original work)

No comments:

Post a Comment