Google Search

Google

Monday, November 30, 2009

Longtermer #1, Update 17, Nov 09: Ford Telstar Ghia 16v (A)

Longtermer #1, Update 17, Nov 09: Ford Telstar Ghia 16v



In this blog entry, I am updating my Ford Telstar i4 Ghia. This is the 17th update.

What's up in the month of November?

The BEST/WORST Fuel consumption is NOT recorded for this month as I have only 1 Recording done for this month.


As I am typing this, the Telstar only done 148,388km. Previous month, it's 148,148km. It covers >300km per month. Why is it so? It’s because my DAD is OVERSEA (traveling between China, Hong Kong and Vietnam) since October 24 till now… This means that I GET TO DRIVE HIS CIVIC FD2 2.0IVTEC. I drove his Civic ALMOST EVERYDAY. To Seremban in 3rd week of this month and Putrajaya (4 days and 3 night convention, ended yesterday).

Alright, back to the Ford Telstar, I only drive this car around Petaling Jaya, furthest Putrajaya (1 round). Every week, I fetched my BITCH Xiao Pai (a Cross-Spitz) to the Vet Clinic to clean her wound since October. She got bitten by Snake (at her back, see photo below).


Apparently, her wound got WORSE due to Rainy season. Maggots began to form. Today, ALL maggots DIED and removed, wound cleaned with IODINE and ANTI-Maggot spray.

As you can see from the pictures below, she enjoyed the ride.

Today, she even learned how to SIT properly in the car AND REFUSED TO GET OUT OF THE TELSTAR. Prior to today, she stood on the sit (balancing as the car turns), looking out of window most of the time. Here’s more pictures of Xiao Pai…







Again, Back to the TELSTAR, last month, I reported the Front tyres balding… I still haven’t changed the tyres. Instead I “OVERINFLATED” the tyres all 4 of them to 38psi. Why?
It’s because the Centre part of the front tyres still got 50% thread. Anyway, the Ride and handling is more balanced. Without further ado, let’s proceed to Logbook…

LOGBOOK:

Year of manufactured: December 1998 (registered January 1999)
Purchase price: RM42,000 (Aug 2005)
Current value: RM13,000 (As at August 2009)
Depreciation per year (averaged): RM10500
Mileage last month: 148,148km

Mileage now: 148,388km
Fuel consumption (so far):
BEST: 10km/l (25 August 2009)
WORST: 5.9km/l (September 14, 2009) => 100% City driving

THIS MONTH (November):
BEST AND WORST NOT RECORDED… Only 2 fill ups, 1 is by Someone else (who borrowed my car) and the other one: RM50 (27.778L) = 250km, RON95 Shell. This means, it recorded 9km/L. This is one of the best achievements for the Telstar.

0-100km/h: 10.4 secs (27/9/2009). Previous run 10.8 secs (25 Aug 2009).

TODAY, As at 29 November,

Expenses (this month)

1) Fuel expenses (RM150)
2) Parking and tolls charges...


Before I go, here's a parting shot above.

End of Update, thanks for having the patience to read it... Next Update: December 29 2009.

AN ORIGINAL JEFF LIM PRODUCTION (My original work)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jeff,
    Do you know where i can find Ford Telstar half cut in KL/PJ?
    I'm looking for my car left side mirror, front lamp cover & distributor

    ReplyDelete