Google Search

Google

Monday, February 28, 2011

LONGTERMER #1: Update 32, Feb 2011: Ford Telstar 2.0i4 Ghia Auto

LONGTERMER #1: Update 32, Feb 2011: Ford Telstar 2.0i4 Ghia Auto
In this blog entry, I'm updating my ride. The Ford Telstar 2.0i4 Ghia Auto. This is the 32nd Update. What happened in the month of February?

 Firstly, my Front left rim hit a HUGE FAMOUS Pothole in "Jalan Burung Hantu", Kepong.  I sent to repair my dent steel rim.  It costs RM40 (Picture above).  When repairing, I noticed that my front left tyre thread is so BALD that the "Steel Belt" is visible.  (Picture below)
I was offered RM110 to change 1 pair of used (40% thread left) Continental CC1 tyres.  As a result, I got 6 tyres now, 1 in the boot + 1 spare.

Also, on the 1st week of February, it's Chinese New Year.





I went house to house visitation to as far as Taman Sentosa, Klang,  After visiting the Klang open house, we went to eat BAK KUT TEH followed by a drive to "NORTH PORT, KLANG". Lastly, I watched "The Green Hornet" with my friend.  Very GOOD Movie.  Jay Chou is so GOOD in Acting.

On the 2nd day of Chinese New Year, I drove around Damansara Uptown and SS2.  I found that the NORMALLY BUSY locations became "Ghost town" (Empty).  See photos below:
 Above: SS2, Outside Savemart, Below, Damansara Uptown.

 Above: Damansara Uptown, Below: SS2 (Ambank Row)



On February 15, I went to "Wai Heng Exhaust", Sunway, to changed my Extractor.  The old OEM ones leaked and rusted.  I changed to 4-2-1, Galvanised Extractor.


But it has some side effects.  Engine cut off when Idling and power loss (initially).  I drove to the nearest mechanic, it turns out that my "Distributor" (changed 18 months ago, Proton Eterna chop-shop part) KAPUT already.


 After changing the distributor (RM480) still cannot start.  The Mechanic, Mr.Wong discovered that the "Spark Plug Cable" Short circuit. Changed to "Accurex Pro" Spark plug cable.  RM120 poorer. Total RM600 poorer.


For this month, I used RM270 of RON 95 fuel.  I noticed when I pump ESSOMOBIL, my car is 10% more fuel efficient compared to Shell OR Petronas.

Oh! ONE MORE THING, My Telstar is UP FOR SALE AGAIN!  This time its SERIOUS!  Any takers? 

This month, I covered 1190km, an increase compared to last month's 957km.  Why?
Because my dad's in KL for 15 days.  Whenever he's in KL, he'll drive his CIVIC HARD.  I have no chance to drive his Civic, hence drive the Telstar more often.  Also, I made 2 Trips to Klang.

Without further ado, let's proceed to logbook:
Mileage last month: 161,472km
Mileage used last month: 957km

Mileage now: 162,662km
Mileage used in February 2011: 1190km

Fuel consumption so far:


Best 10.2km/L (8 June 2010) (80% Highway Driving)
Worst: 5.9km/L (September 14,2009) 90% City driving

This month:



Best: 8.8km/L (Ron 95, EssoMobil) 25/2/2011 (80% highway driving, 20% City)
Worst: 6.25km/L (Ron 95, Shell) 9/2/2011 (100% City driving)

0-100km/h: 10.2 seconds (19/2/2011)


Today, as at 28 February 2011,

Expenses this month:
1) Fuel: RM270
2) Extractor RM250
3) Parking: RM100
4) Front tyres + Repair Dent sport rim RM + Balancing = RM150
4) Distributor and Spark Plug Cable RM600
 TOTAL: RM1370

Before I go, here's some parting shots:
 Above: The Engine bay featuring the New Spark Plug cables, 4-2-1 Extractor and New Distributor.
 Above, taken at SS2, in front of McDonalds, Below, taken at Honda Showroom carpark (Sumber Auto Edaran).

That's all folks!  Thanks for having the time and patience to read this Blog entry of mine...  See you on March 30 for the 33rd update...  It'll be the FINAL UPDATE IF I MANAGE TO SELL MY TELSTAR BY THEN.  AN ORIGINAL JEFF LIM'S PRODUCTION.  My original work...

No comments:

Post a Comment