Featured Post of the Week
The New Full Hybrid Hyundai Ioniq will be was launched Today at 1 Utama at 3:30pm. The Ioniq is CKD SKD in Kulim, Kedah, hence qualified ...
Saturday, October 13, 2012
750th post: Comprehensive review: BMW 5-series touring wagon
I hope BMW Malaysia will bring in this beautiful Touring Wagon, especially the 520d and 528i 2.0 petrol. Else, bring in the 3-series Wagon (F31), that's also my "reachable" dream car.
If possible, bring in the 3-series and 5-series wagons WITH THE ELECTRONIC TILT-SLIDE PANORAMIC ROOF. This is a Unique Selling Point. Previous attempt on the 320d touring failed in 2007-08 because BMW Malaysia chose to bring in W/o Panoramic Sunroof.
Yes, I'm stationwagon lover. love ALMOST ALL Wagons except Silver AND Black E-class wagon as it reminded me of Hearse car. No thanks to Nirvana Memorial Malaysia who bought few units as Hearse car.
It's SAD that Malaysian don't appreciate Estate Wagons. They rather buy 7-8 seaters MPVs or SUVs. I would love to see Wagons on Malaysian roads. Here's hoping...
Highlighted features of BMW 5-series touring wagon:
1) 560L Boot space (seats up)/ 1670L (seats down) with 40:20:40 split fold rear seatback (photo below)
2) In conjunction with the optional Xenon headlights, the daytime driving lights incorporate quite unmistakable LED light rings, while the direction indicators moved far to the outside are made up of ten LED units each.
As a final highlight, an LED focus light marks the upper end of each headlight unit.
3) Rear tailgate is Electronically operated (open and close), glass can be opened separately for smaller items (see picture below).
4) 8 speed automatic.
5) Optional Elec tilt-slide panoramic roof. (photo below):
6) Improved I-drive with BMW Navigation and Excellent sound system
As usual, I don't have the BMW 5 series touring wagon to test drive since BMW Malaysia don't bring it into Malaysia. All is NOT LOST, I dished out a List of Reviews from websites, forums and Lastly, a series of Video reviews. Hence, I termed it "Comprehensive review".
Here's some exclusive comparisons taken from Official BMW UK Website:
BMW 520d vs Rivals:
2) BMW 535i vs rivals:
Here are the websites/blogs/forums that reviews the F11 5-series touring wagon.
4) 2012 BMW 528i review by Insideline:
Here's some VIDEOS from Youtube too...
Video 1: Official BMW.TV
Video 2: Worldcarfans
Video 3: Autoexpress
Car review: (website link)
Photo Galleries - thanks to Netcarshow.com
That's all folks, thanks for having the time and patience to read this blog entry. Thanks to: Whatcar? UK, Autoexpress UK, bmwblog.com, bmwdrives.com, germancarforum.com, worldcarfans and Netcarshows.com. Lastly, thanks to all of you, dear subscribers and readers, for continuous support. You guys really make my day.