Google Search

Google

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

LONGTERMERS #2, Volume 6: Honda Civic 2.0iVTEC

LONGTERMERS #2, Volume 6: Honda Civic 2.0iVTEC



For the month of December, the Civic made 2 rounds to the Airport. One to KLIA and the other to LCCT and few rounds of PJ => Bandar Metro Puchong => PJ.

The Civic's running well and ever powerful, in 1 incident, I didn't realised that I'm doing from 90km/h to 135km/h in LDP (in less than 10 seconds) after being "tailgated" by a Nissan Sentra 1.8. The driver of the other car cannot do anything. The Sentra was getting smaller and smaller from my rear-view mirror (I presumed poor acceleration (11.8 seconds - Sentra 1.8 vs 9 seconds - Civic). Again (why always happened to me?), the driver cheated, as I slowed down approaching the Toll booth, at the Puchong TOLL (using Smartag), the driver blocked me and overtook from the Emergency lane (2km after the toll).

As I'm typing this, my dad just came back driving the Civic up to Genting Highlands (yesterday). All I know is he used the "Paddle Shift" and when uphill windows' down ...

Without further ado, let's proceed to the Logbook.

Year of manufactured: 2008 (Duh!)
Current Value: RM113,000
Purchase price: RM128,000
Mileage when bought: 0008km.

Mileage last month: 8337km.
Mileage NOW: 9063km
Average mileage per month: 1812km
Fuel consumption: 33L worth of petrol good for 387km (11.7km/L) mix driving of 70% city, 30% highway. Highest: 239km on 20L of petrol (RM40) => 11.95km/L. A decrease over last month. Why higher FC?

It's because the car's in my hands/feet as I'm heavy-footed most of the time. Note the mileage per month decreased. It's because my dad's outside Malaysia for most of December. But hey, at least it's consistent.

Expenses:
NONE for this month apart from petrol fill-ups

Here's a parting shot of the Civic:


That's all folks, do comeback next month. (End of January).

No comments:

Post a Comment