Google Search

Google

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Longtermer 1: Update 8: Ford Telstar i4 Ghia

In this blog entry, I am updating my Ford Telstar i4 Ghia. This is the 8th update. I'd like to say that this is a respected car, I got a thumbs up from a Black Mercedes E-class driver (Latest model) just by parking beside his car and alighted from my car at the same time as his. He asked whether is my TELSTAR a V6, I said not a V6... Apparently he loved the "Evergreen" design...


Used this Telstar to sent my "small" Dog, Xiao Pai to "Pet Hospital" 10km away from my house. Glad my dog enjoyed the ride, In addition to looking at the window, it managed to stand in the middle facing the Air-cond vent.

Here's a useful feature, door courtesy light (picture below). Why is it useful?
Saved me many times from stepping on my Dog's time-bomb (POO).



Without further ado, let's proceed to Logbook:
LOGBOOK:

Year of manufactured: December 1998 (registered January 1999)
Purchase price: RM42,000 (Aug 2005)
Current value: RM16,000 (As at January 2009)
Depreciation per year (averaged): RM6,500
Mileage last month: 140500km.


Mileage now: 141277km

Fuel consumption improved... The 1st 3 quarter the fuel gauge still went down very fast. Remaining ¼ it moves S-L-O-W-L-Y. Last month I topped 280km +/- (ie. 6.3km/l) when the “low fuel” light 1st appear. Now, full tank of 44.444L good for 340km (ie. 7.8km/l or 24 cents/km). 1/2 highway, 1/2 city. If HEAVY FOOTED and 80% city driving, still good for 310km => 7.2km/l or 26 cents/km.

How? By cleaning the Fuel injector, especially the Throttle body. Last cleaned 2006.
As a result, my 0-100km/h improved from 12 seconds to 11.2 seconds.


After the fuel injector cleaning, the Telstar became more responsive (better acceleration), quieter and smoother.

Expenses (this month)
1) Spark plugs, Tuning and Alignment + Camber.

ALSO Changed lower arm bush assembly, rubber mounting, ALL Front bushings (original FORD parts). => RM430 poorer (See Photo below), inclusive of Fuel Injector cleaning.

I am happy as all my Telstar's problems have been sorted out.

Before I go: here’s a parting shot:

Engine photo. After fitting the "HOTSHOTS" spark plugs cable.

AN ORIGINAL JEFF LIM PRODUCTION (My original work).

No comments:

Post a Comment