Google Search

Google

Monday, July 27, 2009

MY NEW TOY: Nokia N79 Black Edition

I know it's not a GADGET Blog, but excuse me... Got a time out since there's NO Car for me to review at the moment... Also, can't resist to blog about my LATEST TOY...

Two days ago, I sold off my previous phone SONYERICSSON K850i. "I'm BACK TO USING NOKIA". FIRST Nokia since 2005 and 2nd SYMBIAN Phone, Nokia 3230 being 1st. ALso, 1st NOKIA after owning 3 SONYERICSSON ROW... still keeping 1 as 2nd phone, SonyEricsson K618i because it's a MIDLAND ORIGINAL PHONE.

The replacement phone is an Original AVAXX unit. It's "STAR WARS EDITION" hence it's BLACK in colour (bought used 3 months old from LOWYAT Forummer for RM9xx), NOT the NORMAL WHITE edition. See photos later. Hey, an original AVAXX white unit STILL costs RM1299.

I sold off my K850i for RM410. I know it's cheap (Mkt value RM500), but initially, I taught the phone got problem (speakers), hence low asking price. Later, I found out that it's PROBLEM FREE. Damage is done, post low price, sell low price. Speaker prob was due to a call to Vietnam...

Okay, back to my new phone Nokia N79. The previous owner FORMATTED the phone, NOT even 1 N-gage game reserved for me. NOT ONLY THAT, he failed give me the DATA CABLE... Yesteray, I went to AVAXX (Nokia Centre) to update firmware... WOW, what a list of Software... Including, Pocket Office, Dictionary, GARMIN Software...

Picture worth 1000 words, here's some pictures...

Photos from top left, the limited edition Box, the 3 x-presson cover (yes, they are bsck), side-view of the phone, and the light blue cover which vI am currently using...


It's a tech savvy phone. I now present you 20 reasons why I bought this phone:
1) Carl Zeiss 5 megapixels camera with auto focus, DUAL LED Flash, camera open/close lid

(Later I show you the pictures taken from the camera)
2) GPS (Geo-tagging)
3) 3.5G Quad band
4) WIFI
5) N-GAGE feature
6) Auto screen rotate
7) Pocket Office (Pocket word, spreadsheet, slides)
8) Adobe Acrobat reader
9) FM Radio with RDS, Fm Transmiter
10) Touch sensitive NAVI Wheel
11)3.5mm Audio Jack
12) Phonebook with Practically unlimited entries and fields, Photocall
13) Internal 83 MB Card slot microSD (TransFlash), , up to 8GB, hotswap, 4GB card included
14) Bluetooth
15) TV Output (How cool is that)
16) Symbian OS 9.3, Series 60 v3.2 UI. HENCE, LOTS OF SOFTWARE TO INSTALL SINCE it's a SYMBIAN phone...
17) It's SLIM and Compact. "SMALLEST" Nokia N-series
18) BATTERY: Stand-by Up to 372 h (2G) / 408 h (3G)
Talk time Up to 5 h 30 min (2G) / 3 h 30 min (3G)
19) Organiser
20) LOTS OF FORMAT SUPPORTED Audio/Video:
- WMV/RV/MP4/3GP video player
- MP3/WMA/WAV/RA/AAC/M4A music player

WILL POST MORE PICTURE by Tomorrow (my house internet line is NOT STABLE)...


Oh! This is an AVAXX Set as seen in the photo above

For FULL REVIEW of the NICE PHONE: Links: http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_n79-2497.php

That's all folks, thanks for having the time and patience to read this...

No comments:

Post a Comment