What is Pre-owned, How's the Warranty like:
Featured Post of the Week
The New Full Hybrid Hyundai Ioniq will be was launched Today at 1 Utama at 3:30pm. The Ioniq is CKD SKD in Kulim, Kedah, hence qualified ...
Wednesday, August 24, 2016
New Hyundai Elantra price clarification and FAQ
In this blog entry, I wanna clarify the New 2015 Elantra Pricing...
Apparently, the price RM63,000 to RM65,000 you see in Mudah or Carlist were "PRE-OWNED" unit without GST, Insurance and registration fee. After adding the above price's RM72,000. PRE-OWNED's used Demo or Manager's car Hyundai Ampang dealer bought bulk from Hyundai Sime Darby HQ.
What is Pre-owned, How's the Warranty like:
Latest stock status as at 24 August 2016: 1.6 left EX Plus, nationwide left 10-20 units only. 1.8 Premium got Hundreds of units all colour available.
SOLUTION: Claim SC. Under warranty.
SOLUTION: Is covered by warranty. Well known issue in Hyundai Elantra and Kia Cerato.
Below are the clarification by HQ Staff, Laura extracted from Lowyat Forum. Please double click to enlarge. Source: https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/3088622/+2800
NEW Car price as below:
1.6 EX Plus: RM80,900.
1.8 Premium: NOW REAL PRICE: RM100,716.20
Both price OTR without Insurance and registration fee after Cash rebate.
Interested, Please call Me, Jefferson Lim at 012-6852-718 for more information. Location: Hyundai Setia Alam OR Sri Kembangan.
1) Winner of 40+ awards Worldwide including North American Car of the Year 2012, Canadian Car of the Year, South Africa Car of the year...
2) 5 stars ANCAP rating
- IIHS USA Top picks
Thanks to Advance High Tensile Steel, Check out below:
3) C-segment sedan at B-segment price. Check out the rear seat space:
4) Quite fuel saving in it's class at 6.9l/100km mixed driving for 1.6 and 8.4l/100km for 1.8.
5) Decent performance: 0-100km/h in 11 secs for 1.6 and 9.5 secs for 1.8. Top speed 195km/h for 1.6 and 210km/h for 1.8. 100km/h at 2800rpm only (1.6) and 2600rpm (1.8).
6) Advanced Traction Control VSM Standard Across the range.
7) 485 litres Boot space with 60:40 split fold rear seats and 3 Rear ISOFIX Anchor point.
8) Reasonable Maintenance costs:
9) Improved Resale value. Resale Value now On par with same age Altis 1.8: (Double click to enlarge)
10) So far since launched in April 2012, only 4 major issue reported:
1) Problem: My complaint is the handling issue when hit speed bump or potholes. I dont know the correct term, but the cabin sway too much. FYI, that handling issue when hit bump or potholes is what I referred to as fish tail problem. It can be eliminated or greatly reduced after install front and rear strut bars such as Ultra Racing. Those bars are not costly averaging RM200 each.
Solution: Stock absorbers, doesn't matter came from where (Korea/ Malaysia), whatever revision, whatever design they claim, it will not solve your sway issue. This is a fact. Worldwide Elantra/ Avante owner have this issue. Drive your car slowly, and safely, you won't notice this issue. That's the advice from them.
So do not waste time to claim. You felt improvement cause the absorber is new and stiff, once it's settle down with few months of usage, it will be the same.
Also, there are some SC suggest owner add shim plate to the axle/ wheel. Do not waste your money as well.
Lastly, those who keen to solve / improve the driving experience of their Elantra, here's what you can consider:
- Add a rear sway bar/ rear lower link. This will cut down the sway for 50-60%.
- Change your absorbers to sports/ stiffer rating one. This will cut down sway up to 90%.
- Up size your rim/ widen your tyre profile. Cut down the body rolling and possible lesser sway.
NOTE: Only 1st batch SKD (Semi Knock Down) units. Problem FIXED ON 2014 CKD Facelift.
2) PROBLEM: Now, i have my air cond compressor malfunction. The air cond work just fine only that it doesn't blow cool wind. I have no choice but to leave my car in SC. I dont think anyone can drive in Malaysia without air-cond especially for city drive.
3) PROBLEM: Apparently, they told me that the steering have "locking/knocking" sound which i need to change the part inside which cost RM4.xx and labor around RM1xx.xx. Does this happen to other Elantra user as well?
4) PROBLEM: High-up rear seating which affects passenger above 180cm.
SOLUTION: Affecting 1st batch SKD units only. Fixed on 2014 CKD Units.
Please Read more at Lowyat Forum: Elantra Club:
Conclusion: The Elantra MD is a Good Car with Timeless Exterior Design, Top Notch Safety, Spacious Interior and Boot and Decent resale value. So go ahead and buy one without Regrets. Rating 8/10 for 1.6 and 9/10 for 1.8.
That's all folks, thanks for having the time and patience to read this blog entry. This is Partially my work.