Google Search

Google

Sunday, February 01, 2009

LONGTERMERS #2, Volume 7: Honda Civic 2.0iVTEC

LONGTERMERS #2, Volume 7: Honda Civic 2.0iVTEC


For the month of January, the Civic made 1 trip to Klang, 2 rounds to KLIA and 2 rounds to LCCT, in addition to daily trips to work and back (by dad).

I tried the Paddle Shift on my trip to Klang. The "ROLLING START" at toll booth from 0-100 and beyond => Surprisingly FAST. That night (10pm), at the toll booth, there's slight G-force as I used the paddle shift from "2" to "3" to "4" and finally "5". Within a short distance (less than 15 seconds), the digital speedometer shows: 138km/h. I backed off and reduced the speed to 110km/h (speed limit) (cause there's 4 people on board including me). Tried the cruise control as well (set at 120km/h) nothing special.

Sent the Civic to Sumber Edaran Auto, Petaling Jaya for 10,000km "free" service.


Again, mineral oil's used. This makes me wonder, should I bring my own engine oil for them to change?

In this instance, "free service" it is NOT... I gotta pay RM58 for "recommended" Alignment and balancing, extra RM7 for "Removing nail in front left tyre" and FINALLY RM11 for Car wash and vacuum. Grand total: RM76.

Wonder what's with Honda Malaysia's 5,000km service interval? You know what? Did my research, Honda UK's Civic service interval (1.6 iVTEC Hatchback) is 12500 MILES NOT Kilometres, which is actually 20,000km. Also, Honda Australia's service interval's 10,000km.

My Civic seriously needs some soundproofing especially on the "Roof", Doors AND Floorpan. It's because during heavy rain, there's this sound "tok...tok...tok...tok..." (sounds like raining on zinc roof). Also, when driving past freshly tarred roads: kruck..kruck..kruck (non-stop) (when driving past the road)!!! Also, RRROOOOAAAARRRR... (Non stop) when driving at certain Highways. As for the doors, it's "HOLLOW".

I don't want to soundproof the bonnet and engine firewall because I want to hear the sound of I-VTEC (especially 4000rpm onwards).

Did some survey, guess I have to Buy the Soundproofing material and DIY myself as a trip to 3 accessories shops => $$$ installation costs (Especially KKLAU in Petaling Jaya, Dynamat costs RM1xxx for Roof, Door and Floorpan including installation. Will check with Honda Civic FD club members in Malaysia, is there any?


Here's some pictures:


Without further ado, let's proceed to the Logbook.

Year of manufactured: 2008 (Duh!)
Current Value: RM113,000
Purchase price: RM128,000
Mileage when bought: 0008km

Mileage last month: 9063km.
Mileage NOW: 11525km
Average mileage per month: 1921km
Fuel consumption: 33L worth of petrol good for 400km (12.1km/L) mix driving of 70% city, 30% highway. Highest: 520km on 38.333L of petrol (full tank) => 13.6km/L. An increase over last month.

Expenses:
1) 10,000km "free" service. But need to spent RM58 for Alignment and Balancing, Car wash (RM11). => RM69. Also RM7 extra to remove the "nail in front left tyre". Grand total: RM76.

Here's a parting shot of the Civic:

No comments:

Post a Comment